Coping in such a deeply troubling world, we are regularly confronted with the gap between what matters most to us and our sense of humanity on the one hand, and on the other, what it feels possible to do. Closing the gap between action and intention is easier when we're not isolated and divided from each other, when we can learn from and support each other. And it is the degree and quality of our ability to become together, or the specific relationships between Self and Other we engage in, that will determine how a shared future might be ordered*, and our individual and collective abilities to seek new ways of being in the world*.
We Tip the Balance coordinates explorations, of various kinds and lengths, through the past and into a shared future. These opportunities for learning how to make change together:
- start with the human desires, fears and sense of duty that make politics personal
- are accessible and “call in” those for whom participation in social change is new
- honor and study the history of social struggle
- center contemporary forms of social struggle as reference points
- see it as a practice with various dimensions and orders of change that we can learn about together
Check out the discussion forums, workshops and study groups.